18 October 2006

Spikes and Plateaux

In the spike column:
CAP's piano skills are taking off by leaps and bounds. She is working on her first Christmas songs and is really enjoying sight reading ahead in her books as well as playing songs she has already completed.
Moving toward hemming Jeff's pants. My sewing machine manual arrived in the mail last week and I've taken the machine to the shop to be cleaned and serviced. My friend and I took inventory of the accessories and decided I was missing a piece, but then read a little more of the manual and discovered I wasn't really.
Sewing in general. Am nearly finished making an Advent wall hanging for the UMW craft window. I stitched the top to the backing and machine quilted around the design, fused the ornaments to felt and cut them out and now am sewing the 26 buttons on (24 for the ornaments and 2 for Santa's eyes).
My blue boat neck sweater. Am working on the last sleeve!!
Baby's teeth. Very, very spiky. One of the top teeth broke through yesterday. This may explain recent sleep-deprived nights.

And for the plateau side:
Housekeeping. If I had a digital camera we could insert a photo of any room in the house. They are not awful, but certainly not improving lately. Maybe after this weekend.
Reading. Well, it's hard to read whilst one is knitting/sewing/nursing a biting baby now isn't it?
Making decisions about jobs and school. This is the waiting stage for those things. Even though it is planned, sometimes it is frustrating not to know what comes next. But I am working hard at living in the now and soaking up all these precious moments with my small ones.

How about you?

No comments: