02 October 2006

A Good Start

Ok, I'm still working on the template thing. Let me know what else you want in the sidebars and I think I can get it in there now. I found a link for the UMW Reading Program.

I want to share my good chicken recipe from the other night.

Chicken with Chickpeas
3 1/2 - 4 lbs chicken parts (we used 5 thighs)
2 T unsalted butter
2 C chopped onions
1/2 C chopped scallions
1 19oz can chickpeas, drained and lightly rinsed
1 C water
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp salt (leave it out, I think it will be fine!)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
a dash of cayenne pepper

Remove the skin from the chicken.
Heat butter in a large pan (with a lid!). Lightly brown the chicken and remove to a plate. Add the onions and scallions to the pan. Cook, stirring often, about 6 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Return chicken and juices to the pan and turn to coat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a bare simmer. Cover tightly and cook, turning the chicken once or twice until cooked through, 35-45 minutes.

The chickpeas were mushy and marvelous. In fact, we liked it so much, we're having it again this week.

Oh, was I supposed to be picking a book?

No comments: