16 April 2007

How FLYLady Helped Me Find Jesus... and other news

So, how are you anyway? Now that I have my calendar figured out a little better and know what month it is and what book we're reading, I'm trying to get back to work.

CAP and I went to the Marathon County Public Library's 100'th Birthday Celebration yesterday. It was wild and crazy and we had a good time. We took a trolley ride around downtown. CAP thought that was great; I had fun, but was glad it was a short ride - too bouncy for a carsickie girl like me. I remembered to re-check out the April book. CAP had cake. She said she was sad they didn't have ice cream, but thought that might be too messy for a library party.

Our kitchen herb pots are doing well.


Several times during the past few Christmases it has been possible to hear a conversation like this at our house.

Me: Has anybody seen baby Jesus?
Confused Family Member: What?
Me: Has anybody seen baby Jesus?
CFM: You mean today?
Me: I just need to know where he is so I can glue him back on.
CFM: What?
Me: He looks like a peanut.
CFM: Baby Jesus looks like a peanut?
Me: Never mind.

This happens because baby Jesus has been missing. He fell off of Mary's lap, not to be seen again. It is unfortunate to look so much like a peanut because that means that possibly you have been tossed out with the trash, or eaten by a then three year-old. So, I have done without baby Jesus (on that particular decoration) for some time. It is sad really.

Joseph and Mary (missing baby Jesus)
Today I was decluttering in my laundry room (well, ok, it's really just the basement) and I found lots of things I wish I hadn't. Globs and globs of laundry lint, many more spider webs than necessary, gift bags from our first baby shower (more than seven years ago) and one yucky old peanut. I was tossing things like mad when suddenly I yelled "A PEANUT!!! THAT'S NOT A PEANUT, THAT'S BABY JESUS!!!!!" I was immediately glad everyone else was asleep or away at school.

I found the glue and fixed the little nativity. (Do you remember this one? It was a gift when I memorised the 23rd Psalm in December of 1983. I know this for certain because you labeled it for me.) Now all that's missing is Joseph's staff. I can hear it now.



Me: Have you seen Joseph's staff?
Confused Family Member: What?
Me: It looks like a toothpick.





No comments: